Acupuncture for Fertility
Studies in human fertility have shown that women and men receiving acupuncture along with Chinese herbs, improve their chances for developing healthier eggs and sperm. How does Oriental Medicine help improve pregnancy success rate?
- Improves the function of the ovaries to produce better quality eggs
- Regulates the hormones to produce a larger number of follicles
- Increases the blood flow to the uterus and increases the thickness of the uterine lining
- Relaxes the patient and decreases her stress
- Helps prevent uterine contractions
- Lessens the side effects of the Western drugs used in IVF
- Strengthens and regulates the immune system
- Improves semen to create better quality and quantity of embryos
- Reduces miscarriage
In Vitro Fertilization and Intrauterine Insemination (IVF/ IUI)
Undergoing ART (Assisted Reproductive Technology) without balancing your body and your hormones is like planting a seed without cultivating the soil. We begin with improving blood flow to the ovaries and balancing the hormones in order to prepare your body and enhance your chances of success.
For best results, acupuncture should be used before, during and after IVF. Oriental Medicine can help prepare both partners before IVF in order to improve the function of the ovaries, strengthen and regulate the immune system, reduce stress and improves the quality and quantity of sperm.
To optimize your chances of having a healthy pregnancy and delivering a healthy baby, you should prepare your body for a minimum of three to six months. Your body begins to recruit your eggs about 120 days before they are released, and it takes about 90 days for sperm to renew. This is a window of opportunity for you and your partner to nourish your body to improve egg and sperm quality.